God-Talk.com is a presentation by medical doctor, Dr. Andrew Wyant, and rocket scientist, Douglas G. Thorpe. Meet the Hosts.
Currently serving as a physician and professor of medicine and physiology at a local major university
Also serving as an ordained pastor to the Grace Gospel Church of Sharpsburg, Kentucky.
Spent 20+ years as:
• an OB-GYN doctor,
• emergency room doctor, and
• a professor.
In his younger years, Dr. Wyant played bass guitar, lead guitar and sang for the heavy metal bands, “Miriah” & “Shirley Bizarre”. Later he played in a popular Rock Band with a group of fellow doctors in “Bad Medicine”- this band still gigs in Indiana
Dr. Wyant has the following degrees:
• BS in Chemistry
• M.D. in Medicine
• M.Div. in Theology, divinity & medical ethics
Author: Textbook- Medical Imaging- essentials for physicians, published by Wiley-Blackwell 2013
Currently writing a medical textbook for FA Davis- 2015
Published: multiple peer-reviewed journal articles in medicine & health
Health-Matters Radio Show
Lived as an agnostic/atheist until age 39
Conversion to Christianity: after being convinced by a 3 year academic search- ‘concluded, there must be a God’- life was radically changed
Great-great Grandfather: in Ripley's’ Believe it or not for being left for dead in Civil War- found alive in morgue and a Silver dollar placed in his head: went on to have 6 children: one of which was my great-grandfather, Wihelm Weyandt: changed name to Wyant
Andy has been married to the beautiful Krystal Kama for 9 years.
Both Andy and Krystal are originally from Vincennes, Indiana- where both sets of parents still live
They have 3 children together
MLB- Boston Red Sox, Cincinnati Reds: College Basketball, reading, family time, hiking in New England, sports cars, music, theology/philosophy geek (just a geek in general)
Loves: preaching & serving the local church, writing, spending time with his beautiful wife
Andy is a medical doctor, a professor of clinical science, and a trained theologian- with all that school he is indebted to the Federal government but must have something to say.
Douglas G. Thorpe
• Mr. Thorpe has spent 30 years in the fields of mechanical, electrical, chemical, & general engineering.
• Most of his career has been in the aerospace & NASA, department of defense, and energy recovery industries.
• Mr. Thorpe holds many patents for internal combustion engines, electric motors, concrete building blocks, and others.
• Mr. Thorpe has published many technical papers in the American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics organization (AIAA).
• Please find and read Mr. Thorpe's technical papers, which can be found at the Space Propulsion Synergy Team website.
• Please find and read Mr. Thorpe’s political papers, which can be found at theUSAparty.com website.
• Solving engineering problems, traveling (has been to all 48 continental states), military history, visiting the Red River Gorge and Great Smoky Mtn, family,
• Doug has attended a Baptist Church since birth on most Sundays, except for a few years right after college.
• Doug has been married to the lovely Jenny Childers for 23 years and they have 2 sons.
• Doug is originally from Irvine, KY, and Jenny is from Augusta, GA.
• Some things you might want to know about Doug:
• One of Doug’s ancestors was one of the first settlers to the new world, Capt. John “Neptune” Bush landed in 1611 in Jamestown.
• Some of Doug’s ancestors were the first settlers of Kentucky in what was known as the “Traveling Bush Baptist Church” and they settled in areas from Winchester to Torrent.
• Doug’s 4G-Grandmother, Susan Robinson, was an Indian maiden rescued from the Cherokee Trail of Tears around 1838.
• Doug spent 25 years in the Boy Scouts of America and obtained the rank of Eagle Scout.
• In the past, Doug has been a sky diver, scuba diver, and an avid spelunker.